| Suscribe Via RSS

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Look Forward

| |

(Php 3:13) Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,


(Php 3:14) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


Do you hate when someone reminds you of things you have done in the past that you're not very proud of? Well it happens to all of us, I have been reminded many times of mistakes and things I had done in my past that I just wish people would forget about.  It is never good to spend time dwelling on our past sins, but instead, forgive them and forget, God did.  (Isa 44:22) I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee. God has promised that He has blotted out our sins, so there is no need to look back but to look forward. Like on a ship, you can't guide a ship from the stern looking to the rear, but guide it from the bow looking forward.


The sky may look dark and dreary with storm clouds all around with people always reminding us of our past, but when we look forward, we have a bright future and a clean slate. God said, "Behold, I make all things new".


When we trust in Christ to be our guide, we can always look to this promise from Him.


(Heb 13:5)
"for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."


I have found that when I am discouraged and beaten down by Satan and the world I begin to praise God and tell Him how much I love Him and it seems that all my worries and discouragement goes away.


Instead of dwelling on your past, look to your future by getting caught up in loving God, He will always love you no matter what.


Lord Bless



0 comments: